Friday, June 15, 2007

We'd like to beg a favor...

...of our friends in the blogging community.

Over the past few months, I have at least twice noticed posts lifted from this blog showing up in their entirety elsewhere. While I'm flattered that anyone feels my writing worth copying, I would deeply appreciate being afforded the same common courtesy I have made a point of showing everyone else here. You have never seen me or any contributor to this blog do anything more than briefly summarize an article elsewhere and then provide a link to the original so that not only is that author's intellectual property respected, but you are able to read what they have written in context with the rest of their site. Better than simply cutting and pasting it here, wouldn't you agree?

I'm sure these instances were simply oversights by someone who knows better, and this brief mention will be enough to resolve the matter. Or at least I hope so.

No comments: