Friday, June 29, 2007

The Electric MacBook Acid Test

Well, having set down the challenge for myself in my inaugural post here, I guess today was as good a time as any to head downtown to the Town Pavilion and see if I'd fare any better there than ath64 did. Sadly, I have to say no. My AirPort's indicator is down to a single bar of signal strength. I'm not losing the signal and getting bucked off like ath64 did last summer, but whether that's due to my using a newer computer or something else, I can't say. I should point out that I'm located on the first floor just inside the Main Street entrance.

Anyway, the place is undergoing a rather extensive renovation (the food court upstairs where ath64 managed to find power outlets is gone) so perhaps they'll add a few more access points in the process.

And yes, they've still got that silly and superfluous Windows-only login page. Click the left button showing above the login and password prompts to bypass it.

No comments: