Thursday, August 17, 2006

Now THIS is more like it!

Scooter's Coffeehouse
929 Walnut, Kansas City

802.11g
SSID: Linksys

Okay, I know-comparing this place with a skyscraper like the Town Pavilion is apples and oranges in the extreme, although there's nothing wrong with the bigger venue that a few well-placed repeaters and a little more attention to detail won't fix. Anyway, you shouldn't have problems finding a seat next to a power outlet here unless the joint's really crowded. There's even a padded bench beside a row of tables along the 10th Street side that has a couple of outlets on the front. My only concern is how dark this room would be in broad daylight (I'm here at about dusk) because I don't see any shades on any of these rather large windows. Then again, with all these tall buildings around, I might be anticipating a problem where there isn't one. Should any of you happen by earlier in the day sometime, feel free to let us know how you make out in this regard.

And I'm still waiting to hear if any of Scooter's other locations around town are lit up.

No comments: