Tuesday, November 03, 2009

No, Starbucks, you STILL don't get it.

Well, Glenn Fleishman over at Wi-Fi Networking News has a somewhat different take on Starbucks' latest machinations with regard to its "free" (read "buy something and we'll throw a little in") access than I do.  At least we both agree that it's misleading to call it "free." 

Frankly I don't see how adding "levels" and a FAQ that even Fleishman calls "insanely complicated" makes anything "easier."  Sort of like how moving the USB ports right next to each other and making the batteries non-user-swappable makes the newest MacBook Pros more appealing to us road warriors. (Sorry, Mac-I was really thinking about one until I took a close look.  Really, I was.)

When is Starbucks going to throw in the towel, do away with this nonsense once and for all and join the real free world?  From this, I guess it'll be a week or two after Apple introduces a mouse with two buttons.

No comments: