Friday, September 25, 2009

"He that soweth the wind..."

Remember back in June when I told you about a couple of new locations that claimed to offer free Wi-Fi but didn't have an open router showing when I visited? Well, the one downtown-in the Power and Light District, to be exact-has apparently reaped the whirlwind, according to the Kansas City Star's Joyce Smith.

While we generally don't call out an establishment by name in such cases unless we're doing a return visit (which is why I didn't identify it in my original post), the situation with this one really got to Mac and me, what with all the anticipation of Latte Land moving into that space instead. I'm loath to crow that it serves them right, but I haven't heard of any locations offering free and open access biting the dust lately, have you?

And, of course, there's always the outside chance that having this space sit empty again will knock some sense into the apparently thick-skulled heads in the executive suite at Cordish and the Latte Land deal will end up getting done.

No comments: