Friday, December 07, 2007

By Jove, I think they GET it!

JP Wine Bar Coffee House
1526 Walnut, Kansas City

802.11g
SSID: jpwine

From the shaded windows to the convenient power outlets installed along the front of the bar (there are others serving the seats along the north wall), it's apparent this is a place set up by 21st century thinkers for like-minded customers. The only quibble I have is with signal strength; my AirPort is only showing three bars, and iStumbler, my new toy, is showing the percentage varying between 30 and 50, but it's not having any noticeable effect on connectivity or speed.

Now that I think about it though, it may be due to interference more than anything else. There are perhaps five other laptoppers here at the moment. After all, when you're doing something right, word gets around.

No comments: