Friday, July 27, 2007

Since I was headed out west today anyway...

...I figured it wouldn't hurt to take a brief look at the latest outlying location to light itself up-the Basehor Community Library at 14500-R Parallel in Leavenworth County, a few miles past the speedway and the new open-air hotzone at the Legends Shopping Center which I'll be checking out later this evening. Like the library in Tonganoxie, which I mentioned back during this blog's early days, they're unwired courtesy of Sunflower Broadband of Lawrence. This is a temporary location without a lot of space, so seating and power outlets are at a premium. I managed to luck out and find both in a room at the back. Don't go downstairs, however, in search of them unless you're either a kid or an adult accompanying one. That's the children's library, and they're serious about that out here.

Basehor has a new library building under construction, so it'll be interesting to see if Sunflower Broadband's largesse follows them there-or if they unwire the new location themselves if not.

Anyway, while Sunflower's still in a giving mood, it would sure be nice if a certain big-city public library system across the county line to the east could be prodded to try and take advantage. I've asked here before, and I'll ask again: What's the problem, KCK?

Oh, I almost forgot-the access point's 802.11g and the SSID is "sbhsd Basehor Library."

And now, it's on to the Legends.

No comments: