Friday, March 10, 2006

After that last post, I needed a break-and found one.

Homer's Coffee House
7126 W. 80th, Overland Park

802.11b
SSID: Homers

First, the caveats: There's an open 802.11b network owned by a nearby car dealership (you'll be able to tell from the SSID) that you may inadvertently connect to instead of the coffeehouse's if you're not careful. Also, if you need to be near a power outlet, the only ones I saw were by the tables along the back wall. Finally, the place can be a bit noisy when it's crowded-as it is at around 7 p. m. Friday as I'm writing this. They also have live music as a draw, so if trying to work to that isn't your cup of tea-oh, excuse me, coffee-keep that in mind.

With that out of the way, the signal is strong, the connection fast and stable, and I was pleased to find out upon finally being able to update my Spybot that they indeed did release a new definition file today-one that provides protection from an additional thirty exploits. And to think I almost went to another Johnson County Library location instead.

No comments: