Monday, November 28, 2011

They call it Cyber Monday, but Tuesday's just as bad...

With apologies, of course, to the late great T-Bone Walker for mangling his song title above (sorry Bone, but my mom was a B. B. King fanatic so I grew up listening to his version of that).

Anyway...Once more, having prudently saved my vacation time until the use-or-lose last moment, I am off work and off on another adventure-not dodging spam and spyware on the information superhighway in search of treasure in the form of discounts, mind you, but rather dodging ditches and the occasional deer-fortunately, I haven't seen any of them this morning, though-on one of those other highways- U. S. 50 eastbound, in fact. I'm on my way to Jefferson City and the Missouri River Regional Library to chase down some more of that pesky historical data that hasn't found its way onto the Web yet. Halfway there seemed like a good place to stop for breakfast, so here I am at a McDonald's on Sedalia's main drag, and I thought I'd compliment the operator for making his or her location more laptop-friendly than many back home. For instance, take a gander at how easily I was able to plug in and thus use my "bad" battery, saving the two "good" ones for the Great Unknown that lies an hour's drive ahead
:


















Well..on to the capital. Further dispatches as the situation warrants.

No comments: