Friday, October 03, 2008

It's all in the follow-through...

Stopped in at the KCMO Southeast Branch Library for a bit this afternoon, and was gratified to see a big V-shaped table towards the back with cutouts for power. The not-so-gratifying news is that there's neither a power outlet in the floor anywhere near the table nor any wiring to connect to it if there were one.

I know things are rather tough money-wise right now, but you'd think after a couple of years there'd have been a bit more progress toward laptop-friendliness here.

Memo to the library administration: If you can't afford having an outlet installed under the table where it is now, why not move it a few feet towards the front of the building and use the existing outlet I'm plugged into now? You know-the one I had to move the circular table I'm sitting at next to so I wouldn't run the risk of your getting a bit exercised over my running a cord a long distance over the floor.

Just a thought.

No comments: