Friday, August 10, 2007

Subs for breakfast, maybe?

Mr. Goodcents Subs and Pasta
3037 Main, Kansas City

802.11g
SSID: linksys

The sign hanging in front of the window speaks the truth; this place is indeed unwired. However, it would be nice if the sign did a better job of blocking the awful glare coming in through those big, unshaded, westward-facing windows at around 6 p. m.-especially from the pavement. I'm finding a bit of relief from sitting at a right angle to the windows by moving my chair around to the south side of the table so I'm facing north as I view the display. It's only a moderate improvement, however. The sun reflecting off an adjacent table and even the floor here brings me to the conclusion that this is a place to hit early in the day or not at all (it closes at 7 p. m. weekdays and at 4 on Saturday). That is, unless you've got a way to shade your screen to help your eyes adapt.

There are a couple of tables next to power outlets along the north wall, and another pair of outlets at the south end of the seating area-but that one is so close to the windows I'm not sure I'd bother with it past midday without that aforementioned sunshield.

No comments: