Thursday, March 22, 2007

Attack of the "N"

I'm afraid I have to tell on myself. A week or so ago I managed to lose the ZyXEL AG-225H USB Wi-Fi finder/adapter that I'd been using to help analyze and review hotspots since the early days of this blog. In fact some of you may recall the free publicity I gave it in a post when I bought it. Well, anyway I've just received its replacement-thanks, UPS, for getting your driver back out here a second time today so quickly; that's what I call good customer service-and there have been some changes to the design in the year and a half since this product was introduced. One that's quite welcome is that its LCD display is now backlit. Another that's a bit more intriguing is that it now can detect and display 802.11-pre N networks, although as far as I can tell from the documentation its capabilities as an adapter are still limited to 802.11a, b and g.

Which leads me to ask-are there any pre-N hotspots out there yet? Anyone know of any?

No comments: