Friday, October 06, 2006

I know I promised I wouldn't do this, but...

McDonald's
10995 Metcalf, Overland Park

802.11g
SSID: 10995MetcalfMcD

Had to stop off for dinner on the way to putting in some offsite overtime, so I thought I'd give this place another shot. The good news is that it's working now (although the bandwidth fluctuates rather widely for some reason; I've seen speeds from 24 to 54 mbps). The bad news is that as far as I can tell, there's only one set of power outlets-in the far right-hand corner as you look to the front from the counter. Also, these big windows aren't helping me read my LCD late in the afternoon.

That aside, it's still gratifying that this location didn't go the route of its Kansas Speedway counterpart. Here's hoping it'll continue the trend and become more laptop-friendly soon.

No comments: